Date Posted: Wednesday, April 24th, 2013
Location: Bondi Beach
Salary/Hourly Rate: $80-90,000 + Bonus
Ref No: 1451393
Our client, an on trend gastro-pub situated in iconic Bondi, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to join the business and lead the kitchen brigade. Aside from the great view – the venue offers a contemporary Australian menu with Italian influences.
- As Head Chef you will lead, motivate and manage a team of 5.
- Work across various menus from Brunch to Dinner and Late Night offerings.
- Responsible for;
- food ordering
- food and labour costs
- overseeing standards
- menu design
- maximising revenues and profit margins
- Take ownership and use your creativity and passion to reinvigorate the menu seasonally whilst creating regularly changing entrée and main specials.
- This role will suit an experienced Head Chef or strong Sous that is ready to take the next step in their career.
- Approximately 55 hours/week maximum 65 hours/week.
- Required skills & attributes:
- You will be a career focused professional with a personal desire to succeed.
- Ability to work across a 7-day operation.
- Typically Tuesday/Wednesday RDO’s.
- Previous experience in a culinary leadership role within a similar gastro-pub or restaurant environment.
- Sound understanding of food and labour costing
Salary & benefits:
- $80-90,000 + Bonus
- Commensurate with experience
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates with skills relevant to our client’s expectations will be contacted.